[net.games.frp] electrify Druid

rainbow@ihuxe.UUCP (01/03/85)

Newsgroups: net.games.frp
Subject: Bragging about my newly researched Druid spell (AD&D)

You did not con the DM. The DM conned you. Your new fifth level spell
is pudly in comparison to similar spells. Take the fourth level MU fire
shield spell. Consider the sixth level Druid antianimal shell. What you
basically have is a more powerful level one MU shocking grasp spell.
Third level would have been most appropriate for electrify Druid. I also
would not have allowed a five foot radius effect(I suggest you run around
a lot getting as many opponents as possible each round, maybe even more
than once). This means you have to roll to hit(neglecting metal armor).
Of course anyone hitting you with metal will be effected as before.

Robert

tim@cmu-cs-k.ARPA (Tim Maroney) (01/05/85)

You do realize, of course, that the druid ought to take as much damage as
anyone who gets shocked....  This isn't like a Lightning Bolt, it involves
transferring charge from your body to another body, rather than from some
elemental plane.

Also, the "no spell casting" condition seems arbitrary.  If the referee
though there was need for some limiting condition, he should have made it
appropriate for the spell effect.
-=-
Tim Maroney, Carnegie-Mellon University Computation Center
ARPA:	Tim.Maroney@CMU-CS-K	uucp:	seismo!cmu-cs-k!tim
CompuServe:	74176,1360	audio:	shout "Hey, Tim!"

"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are
but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains."
Liber AL, II:9.