[net.games.frp] C & S

steve@siemens.UUCP (05/30/85)

Is the "C&S" that several people referred to, actually
"Chivalry and Sorcery", or is it something I never heard of?
(I was under the impression that Chivalry & Sorcery was
a little-known ruleset whose last printing was years ago.)

Steve Clark (...!princeton!siemens!steve)

billp@ISM780.UUCP (05/31/85)

/* Written 10:44 pm  May 29, 1985 by steve@siemens in ISM780:net.games.frp */
/* ---------- "C & S" ---------- */

Is the "C&S" that several people referred to, actually
"Chivalry and Sorcery", or is it something I never heard of?
(I was under the impression that Chivalry & Sorcery was
a little-known ruleset whose last printing was years ago.)

Steve Clark (...!princeton!siemens!steve)
/* End of text from ISM780:net.games.frp */

Little-known ruleset?  Most referees I know consider it the Bible of FRP.
(Yes I know they don't play by those rules.)  Several add-on books have
become available in the series, of which my favorite is one which deals
with reptilian humanoids and their culture called something like
Something and Saurans.  I never read it though, but the referee of one
campaign I played in used it to layout one region of play which contained
Dinasaurs and primitive humanoids as well as some repitlemen which were
truly nasty warriors.

Another friend advocated playing a C&S campaign without the magic rules.
We all thought the idea was great, but somehow it never got started.

Bill Putnam

req@warwick.UUCP (Russell Quin) (06/05/85)

Flame-To: /dev/null

Xpath: warwick snow snow ubu

In article <26000010@siemens.UUCP> steve@siemens.UUCP writes:

>Is the "C&S" that several people referred to, actually "Chivalry and Sorcery",
>[...]
>(I was under the impression that Chivalry & Sorcery was a little-known
>ruleset whose last printing was years ago.)
>
>Steve Clark (...!princeton!siemens!steve)

Yes,  that's C&S.  It was fairly well known & was reprinted in a new edition
recently.  The rules are very detailed -- the game is very much more
`simulation' oriented than most other proprietry Pseudo-Medieval RPGs;
character generation includes the birth-sign of the Person, for example, and
whether its aspect was favourable, etc etc....

I don't know if you can still get hold of it, but I believe so.  A C&S scenario
was released recently (within a few months).
		- Russell
--
		... mcvax!ukc!ubu!snow!req  (req@warwick.UUCP)
Striving to promote the interproduction of epimorphistic conformability ....

barryg@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Lee Gold) (06/07/85)

I'e been working on C&S II for some months now (trying to write LAND OF THE
RISING SUN II, now that LRS I is out of print).  C&S II is more confusingly
organized than C&S I was.  For some days I've been puzzled by a column
on the EP Level Chart (section 10, volume I--page 50):  "Experience Factor."
Absolutely no explanation was given.  I finally found the term defined
in Volume III (page 59, section 21:  NPC Profiles).  It's also mentioned
in the same volume (section 18.01, page 22:  TARGETING) and defined
differently!  This is only one of a number of such instances.

--Lee Gold