[net.games.frp] "Traveller" comments or ???

dat@hpcnoa.UUCP (dat) (06/08/85)

I just bought the 'deluxe set' of the game Traveller never having
played a Role Playing game before (but the veteran of many other
games!) and a few friends and I are now interested in playing.

	What I am interested in is hearing from anyone on the
net who has anything to say about the game (preferably favourable!)
and especially being able to get help on setting up scenarios
and hints and tips for playing and DM'ing (although in this
game I notice it's called 'Refereeing').

	Thanks everyone!

					-- Dave Taylor
					HP Colorado Networks Operation

don@umd5.UUCP (06/23/85)

In article <84500001@hpcnoa.UUCP> dat@hpcnoa.UUCP (dat) writes:
>I just bought the 'deluxe set' of the game Traveller never having
>played a Role Playing game before (but the veteran of many other
>games!) and a few friends and I are now interested in playing.
>	What I am interested in is hearing from anyone on the
>net who has anything to say about the game (preferably favourable!)
>and especially being able to get help on setting up scenarios
>and hints and tips for playing and DM'ing (although in this
>game I notice it's called 'Refereeing').

I have most of the Traveller stuff and after using it for about
two years, I can say that it is a VERY good game.. I'm not too
good with answering general questions like that, but if you have
any specific problems, feel free to ask! If you want the best way
to break into a campaign, I would suggest the module entitled:
'The Traveller Campaign'. This module (really a book) is great
because it introduces the Ref and players to many of the facets of
Traveller. Happy Travelling!

--

  ARPA: don@umd5.ARPA
BITNET: don%umd5@umd2
SPOKEN: Chris Sylvain
  UUCP: {seismo, rlgvax, allegra, brl-bmd, nrl-css}!umcp-cs!cvl!umd5!don