[net.music] Roky III

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (07/09/85)

In article <8860@ucbvax.ARPA> allynh@ucbvax.UUCP (Allyn Hardyck) writes:
>>The 13thFEs had their own original in Roky Erikson, who's still going
>>strong.
>
>In a listing a while back in Melody Maker of "Top 10 Pop Basket Cases,"
>Roky "Creature with the Atom Brain" Erickson came 2nd only to (of course)
>Brian Wilson.

Roky Eri(c)kson beat Syd Barrett???  In a *British* magazine, no less???
Amazing!  How about posting the entire Top 10?  It would be nice to
see how SB did... not to mention Sky Saxon!

A brief interview with Roky appeared in Blitz #42 (3/82).  I'll be glad
to send a copy to anyone who sends me a US Snail address.

Andrew W. Rogers