[net.games.frp] Two 5th level against a Lich? Re: Invisibility and scrolls

brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) (10/02/85)

In article <57@drutx.UUCP> slb@drutx.UUCP (Sue Brezden) writes:

>I curious how others out there would have ruled as DM in this
>situation.
>
>We had three characters in the 4th/5th level range up against a lich.
>Two of us failed our saves against fear and ran, leaving the third
>alone to face him.
> ... story about teleportation ...and return of one character.
>
>The other two did finish off the lich.
>--
>
>                                     Sue Brezden

I can tell you how I would have run this.  I would have baked the entire
party in a few melee rounds.  Any lich that could make it to lichdom would
never be bothered by two 4th/5th level gnats.  Was this lich trussed up in
unbreakable chains, gagged blindfolded and sedated?  Then perhaps you might
have killed him with only one of you ending up dead.  Was this a special
prepared ambush for the lich? (If so, you were foolish not to have a remove
fear spell ready.)

Unless this is the worst monty haul dungeon I have ever heard of, how did
you do this?

--
Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd. - Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473