[net.games.frp] Reply to an anonymous D&D sniper with initials JWA

jordan@noscvax.UUCP (Martin C. Jordan) (10/15/85)

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 85 11:20:36 pdt
From: Martin C. Jordan <jordan@cod>
To: jwa@k.cs.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: other flames

-------
Dear jwa,
        It appears that our site is unable to reach you, wherever you are
located. Your less-than-polite reply to my D&D posting only tells me that
YOU are the one with a "narrow mind." Your knowledge of Christianity is
less than complete. I'm sorry if my posting "cluttered up" an already
cluttered net, but my main, unstated, attempt was to get rid of
religious stereotypes, which are as bad as racial stereotypes. A little
understanding and communication between people never hurt. Unfortunately,
from the acrid tone of your letter, you appear to be as much of a zealot
out to give Christianity the axe as are a very few zealots of the Protestant
persuasion who are out to axe D&D, of which I am not one.
        Why such a bitter tone? I cannot figure it out. I will, however,
start praying for you, that whatever is causing such caustic reactions
to Christianity and/or others will go away. It will make you a happier
person. If you wish to continue corresponding, I feel there are many
positive things we can discuss. I don't shove my faith down your throat.
If you have serious questions, ask, I'm more than happy to answer. If
all you want to do is to anonymously throw stones, then go right ahead,
I'll just consider the source.

                                                In a spirit of peace,

                                                        Martin
-------

tim@k.cs.cmu.edu.ARPA (Tim Maroney) (10/20/85)

Martin, in religious movements which encourage conformity of belief,
appearance, and behavior, such as fundamentalist Christianity, stereotyping
is not only inevitable but accurate.
-=-
Tim Maroney, CMU Center for Art and Technology
Tim.Maroney@k.cs.cmu.edu	uucp: {seismo,decwrl,etc.}!k.cs.cmu.edu!tim
CompuServe:	74176,1360	My name is Jones.  I'm one of the Jones boys.