[net.games.frp] Reply to Tim Maroney

jordan@noscvax.UUCP (Martin C. Jordan) (10/24/85)

In article <608@k.cs.cmu.edu.ARPA> tim@k.cs.cmu.edu.ARPA (Tim Maroney) writes:
>Martin, in religious movements which encourage conformity of belief,
>appearance, and behavior, such as fundamentalist Christianity, stereotyping
>is not only inevitable but accurate.
>-=-
>Tim Maroney, CMU Center for Art and Technology
>Tim.Maroney@k.cs.cmu.edu	uucp: {seismo,decwrl,etc.}!k.cs.cmu.edu!tim
>CompuServe:	74176,1360	My name is Jones.  I'm one of the Jones boys.

        Tim, what makes you so sure of your accuracy? Shall we replace
"religious movements" with "cultural movements" and "fundamentalist
Christianity" with "YUPPIES" or "hackers" to see if your statement still
holds true? Or perhaps substitue "political movements" and "liberal
Democrats?" I could continue, but my point is made.

                                                Martin Jordan

        P.S. Could you identify a REAL fundamentalist Christian
as you pass him/her on the street by their shoes, ties, hair style
or sweat socks?