[net.games.frp] unusal weapons

jmk@dual.UUCP (Jim Kelleher) (10/22/85)

** ok I've replaced this line ****

Hi I still don't know if I'm getting out to the net but....

I have noticed some questions as to what is that strange thing
you are talking about. I would recomend the book by Mr. Stone
a glossery (sp?) of the decoration and use of arms and armor
in all times and all places together with some related subjects.
I hope I got the name right as I don't have my copy at work; but
you should be able to find it either remaindered or in your local
library a great source book for frp.

from the polymath
the vampire killer dagger with the ironwood blade and the holy
symbol hilt with the holywater envenomer I LIKE IT I think one
of my charcters who has an attraction for vampires and a minus
save plus a double drain is going to look into this.
the bird that is trained to attack mages is an excellent idea;
and I submit that a hawk fluttering in your face trying to rip
your eyes out is distracting I don't care what level mage you are.

Rick Keir -> Remember: when you carry a vorpal pandybat, you never
walk alone.
Now you've done it you will have to explain to the net what a (the)
pandybat is |-).

I am now going to get on my soapbox I have been playing in a new
campain and the gm has changed the system on us to a system called
SWOARDBEARER I liked it so much that I went out the next day and
bought it. It is by Fantasy Games. it uses no levels but you increase
skills. The magic system is a little wird at first. But there are no
blastum Pryroman spells in the system ( they can be added if needed)
all in all I like it.
thanks for reading all of this
jmk@dual.UUCP

req@warwick.UUCP (Russell Quin) (10/25/85)

In article <1154@dual.UUCP> jmk@dual.UUCP (Jim Kelleher) writes:
>[...]
>I have been playing in a new campain and the gm has changed the system on us
>to a system called SWOARDBEARER I liked it so much that I went out the next
>day and bought it.  It is by Fantasy Games.
>[...]
>all in all I like it.
>thanks for reading all of this
>jmk@dual.UUCP

I have Swordbearer, too.
Would you like more detaioed comments?  I have often wondered if we couldn't
drum up a collection of detailed descriptions of RolePlaying game systems.
Would it be useful?  Interesting?  Thoughts?
		- Russell
--
		... mcvax!ukc!warwick!req  (req@warwick.UUCP)
		... mcvax!ukc!warwick!frplist (frplist@warwick.UUCP)