[net.games.frp] Quest for the Elfsword - Is the cost worth it ?

jim@hcrvax.UUCP (Jim Sullivan) (01/06/86)

Oh please stop.

Really, 441 lines about the Quest for the Elfsword is interesting,
but I'm haven't read any of the QftE stuff, on principle.

From where I sit, postings like tht set the net.games.frp group up
for deletion.  It costs money to send these things, and when the bills
get high, people start looking at ways to trim them.  Kill "non-technical"
groups is the quickest and easiest solution (usually).

I enjoy this group for its ideas and discussion, and would hate to lose
it due to long postings that really have little purpose.

Jim Sullivan

ttt@cory.BERKELEY.EDU (Tony Tong) (01/09/86)

How about putting Elfsword on net.games.pbm ?  That sounds like the logical
place.

mark@mrstve.UUCP (Mark Smith) (01/09/86)

In article <2138@hcrvax.UUCP>, jim@hcrvax.UUCP (Jim Sullivan) writes:
> Oh please stop.
>
> Really, 441 lines about the Quest for the Elfsword is interesting,
> but I'm haven't read any of the QftE stuff, on principle.
>
> From where I sit, postings like tht set the net.games.frp group up
> for deletion.  It costs money to send these things, and when the bills
> get high, people start looking at ways to trim them.  Kill "non-technical"
> groups is the quickest and easiest solution (usually).
>
> I enjoy this group for its ideas and discussion, and would hate to lose
> it due to long postings that really have little purpose.

    You apparently got hold of the posting which had the history of the world.
    Granted, it was very lengthy, BUT is was also a one shot deal.  Most of
    these postings rarely exceed 2 pages (that's 120 lines for you and me).

    I seriously doubt that they would cancel the net.games.frp due to ONE
    larger posting ONE day each week.

    Everyone who is playing in the campaign at this time; please let me know
    if you are able to subscribe to net.games.pbm.  If you ALL can I will begin
    to post my updates in this newsgroup from now on.

    There have been delays in my sending return mail this week (ending 11th),
    so please hold on.  You'll get it as soon as I send it.

--

  May the Quest for the ElfSword be
  your ultimate goal in life...
					  Mark Smith