[net.games.frp] What do you do with a dead PC?

bob@plus5.UUCP (Bob Simpson) (01/16/86)

In article <2400117@uokvax.UUCP>, cdrigney@uokvax.UUCP writes:
>	Good lord, man!  You mean they don't bury his belongings with him?
>	Whatever is his Ka going to do in the afterlife?!!

	A similar situation popped up in the game I ran.  A Player Character
	died.  When he was buried, it was decided that most of his equipment
	was going back to his father.  Dain was buried with a "standard spread"
	of equipment and some of his "special items".

	Later that evening, some of the less savory characters had a change of
	heart and conspired to loot the grave.  They snuck out of camp, and
	went to the grave. They took their shovels in hand and said "OK, we
	start digging."  I replied (turing the room lights down) "Who takes the
	first shovel of earth from Dain's grave?".  There was a pause, and a
	"You First" look passed between them.

	Dain's grave remains undisturbed.

	That kind of playing is why I still do this... stuff.
--
	Dr. Bob
UUCP	..!{ihnp4,cbosgd,seismo}!plus5!bob

cs111olg@ucla-cs.UUCP (01/20/86)

In article <959@plus5.UUCP> bob@plus5.UUCP (Bob Simpson) writes:
>In article <2400117@uokvax.UUCP>, cdrigney@uokvax.UUCP writes:
>>	Good lord, man!  You mean they don't bury his belongings with him?
>>	Whatever is his Ka going to do in the afterlife?!!
>
>	Later that evening, some of the less savory characters had a change of
>	heart and conspired to loot the grave.  They snuck out of camp, and
>	went to the grave. They took their shovels in hand and said "OK, we
>	start digging."  I replied (turing the room lights down) "Who takes the
>	first shovel of earth from Dain's grave?".  There was a pause, and a
>	"You First" look passed between them.
>
>	Dain's grave remains undisturbed.

Hmmm... You guys don't have a realistic attitude!
Here is what we do :
AD&D (Good characters) : bury most essential and private items.
AD&D (Evil characters) : HA! Strip the body naked and feed it to the dogs!
	Altho' it never gets to that : in our games, if there is anything left
	of the character, the other players will bring him/her back to life...
	Altho they might take all of the posessions of the unfortunate one
	and make his/her naked animated corps walk 100 miles to his/her god's
	temple to get RAISED.

ElfQuest : in to the pyre with all the meager posessions.
Traveller : grab all you can before the authorities get here!
V&V : Only fools die in V&V ( or your GM is an asshole! )
Paranoia : By dying you have damaged Computer's property : uniform and armour
	issued to you to better fight the traitors with. If you were still alive
	you would surely have been executed for treason! All the equipment of
	the dead character is returned to the storage. Sanitation robots dispose
	of the body... Next clone!

Mutants and emebers of secret societies are	       | Oleg Kiselev.
traitors. All good citizens should report traitors     |< Hey, Californians!
to The Computer. You are a mutant and a member of      |  Hope to see you at
a secret society. Good citizens would be quite         |  the Orccon in L.A. on
eager to report you to The Computer. Thanks to The     |  Feb.14-17 >
Computer,you will often be surrounded by good citizens.|