[net.games.frp] DragonLance

ee178acb@sdcc7.UUCP (DARIN JOHNSON) (01/21/86)

  Does anyone have a nice way of interfacing the DragonLance series
with The World Of Greyhawk?  I was thinking of having this on
another continent, but having characters from Greyhawk over there
kindof spoiled the character interplay in Dragonlance.
(There is no way Laurana could have a childhood crush on someone she has
never seen)

Darin Johnson

mark@mrstve.UUCP (Mark Smith) (01/28/86)

In article <231@sdcc7.UUCP>, ee178acb@sdcc7.UUCP (DARIN JOHNSON) writes:

>   Does anyone have a nice way of interfacing the DragonLance series
> with The World Of Greyhawk?  I was thinking of having this on
> another continent, but having characters from Greyhawk over there
> kindof spoiled the character interplay in Dragonlance.

  When I had my 1985 campaign running I was simultaneously running, The World
  of Greyhawk, the Judges Guild, City State of the World Emperor (which in my
  opinion is the BEST campaign system EVER developed by a "mortal"), the world
  of Harn, and the DragonLance series.  I had previously placed all of my
  "purchased modules in the Judges Guild world, but when I saw the magnitude of
  the DragonLance World, I found it easier to add this series as an alternate
  world.  In my campaign you could get to the world of Kyrnn through a
  dimensional doorway I had hidden in an ancient Dragon Shrine in the Valley
  of the Ancients.
  I would strongly recommend you add this as an alternate universe.  You can
  never have too many worlds, and it comes in extremely handy when you are
  running more than one campaign at the same time and you don't want your
  players from two different campaigns colaborating information.  I had 4
  separate campaigns running last year; one in each world.  I don't think it
  would have been possible to run all 4 in the same world without major problems
  Hope this helps...

--

  May the Quest for the ElfSword be
  your ultimate goal in life...