[net.games.frp] Hero games bought out? <- and what's up with Eon Products?

cs111olg@ucla-cs.UUCP (03/02/86)

In article <1479@gitpyr.UUCP> ccastkv@gitpyr.UUCP (KEITH VAGLIENTI) writes:
>I heard a rumor the other day that Hero Games had been bought by I.C.E.
>Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor? I'd really like to know what has
>really happened.

Hero Games had a display in a "DEALER ROOM" at L.A.'s ORCCON'86 and were
conducting brisk trade. They sold out Fantasy Hero on the first day
of convention.  They seem to be in "good health"...
If you are right I hope it is not going to end up like the SPI's death at
the hands of TSR.

On the other hand, WHAT'S UP WITH Eon Products? The people who brought
you games like "BORDERLANDS", "Cosmic Encounter", "Quirks" and other
goodies? I found all of the above products in the West End Games' catalog.
Now, ALL of the Eon games were advertized with Eon logo, yet the feeling
I go was that Eon was a part of West End Games. Is it? Has it been for long?

(West End Games is a company known for their board games and PARANOIA)