[net.cycle] Cycle show this weekend at the International Centre.

kpmartin@watmath.UUCP (Kevin Martin) (01/05/85)

In a word, boring.
Probabably not worth the $6.00 admission, unless there is some particular
display you want to see.

The show occupies the front two buildings of the centre; the third building
seemed dedicated to RV's and ultralight airplanes. The booths for motorcycles
were set up mostly by dealers and custom shops. Some companies represented
were Royal City Cycle (they seemed to have the most floor space, but I am not
sure), Hoj Cycle, Zdeno Cycle, Leather Forever, Treen Leathers, ...
A few clubs also had booths or displays, as well as the Ride for Sight,
the O.P.P., Humber college (rider training), etc.

There were essentially no displays by motorcycle or equipment manufacturers
themselves. If you want to see new bikes, or new gadgets, you would be
disappointed by this show.

There are mumblings about a show sponsored by the MMIC soon. Maybe it will
be better (seeing as the MMIC is sponsored by the bike manufacturers...)

ron@oscvax.UUCP (01/07/85)

In article <10598@watmath.UUCP> kpmartin@watmath.UUCP (Kevin Martin) writes:
>In a word, boring.

I also felt that the show was boring, especially after spending more than
an hour on transit trying to get there. Arghhh. The only thing I got out
of the show was the 1985 Sunshine girl calendar signed by Miss July herself.

>There are mumblings about a show sponsored by the MMIC soon. Maybe it will
>be better (seeing as the MMIC is sponsored by the bike manufacturers...)

I read in the latest Cycle Canada issue, that they were giving out at the
show, that there will be another show in Toronto Feb 1-3 called Motorcycle '85.
I believe that it is being sponsored by MMIC and the magazine also stated
that all the major bike manufacturers had promised to be there. I am hoping
for the Automotive Building at the CNE. Much nicer than the International
Centre.

just waiting for Spring....
--
Ron Janzen