[net.cycle] HELP - my gas tank leaks!

dob@ihlpa.UUCP (Daniel M. O'Brien) (06/01/85)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR SOLUTION ***

I just discovered that the gas tank on my vintage 1980 Yamaha
SR500 (500cc single) has developed a couple of pin-hole leaks
along the bottom (back by the seat). I need two kinds of solutions:

	1) a quicky, stopgap solution so that I can ride it until,
	2) a more permanent solution is applyed.

I don't want to "weld" the leaks as the finish on the bike is original
and I would like to keep it that way. I was thinking of a solution in
the 2) category that calls for drilling out each pin-hole, tapping them
and using screws with sealant (Loctite?) to stop the leaks.

Any other suggestions.

Please reply by Umail and I will summarize. Thanks in advance.

---

			Daniel M. O'Brien (ihnp4!ihlpa!dob)
			AT&T Bell Laboratories
			IH 4A-258, x 4782
			Naperville-Wheaton Road
			Naperville, IL 60566

"If biking wasn't so much fun, I wouldn't have as many bugs in my
teeth..." (think about it!)

dhk@hp-pcd.UUCP (dhk) (06/11/85)

Tried to mail this but...