[net.cycle] BMWMOA membership

mazlack@ernie.BERKELEY.EDU (Lawrence J. &) (10/23/85)

A couple of times, myself and a couple of other people have made mention
of BMWMOA.  It is a club for BMW owners/drivers.  It is really for the type of
person who will stop to help someone along the road if that person is a MC
driver in trouble.  I first heard about it when someone stopped to help me.
(He was driving a truch at the time.)  I was fixing a flat and a little company
was nice (BMW flats are relatively easy to fix).  He put me on to BMWMOA.

BMWMOA publishes a newsletter, organizes gathertings, and publishes a book
of about 300 pages listing people (anonymously, telephone number only) and the
type of help that they are willing to offer. Other useful addresses as well.

The yearly dues are $20.00
    BMWMOA
    P.O. Box 128
    Florissant, MO 63032

.... Larry Mazlack

jerem@tekgvs.UUCP (Jere Marrs) (10/26/85)

In article <10776@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> mazlack@ernie.UUCP (Lawrence J. Mazlack) writes:

> I first heard about it when someone stopped to help me.
> I was fixing a flat and a little company was nice (BMW flats are relatively
>easy to fix).  He put me on to BMWMOA.
>
>The yearly dues are $20.00
>    BMWMOA
>    P.O. Box 128
>    Florissant, MO 63032
>
>.... Larry Mazlack

	I second the recommendation of the BMWMOA.

	Also, the comment about company hit close to home. When fixing a
flat along side of the road, there's really not much anyone can do to help,
but for someone just to be there and talk is a tremendous help! I'm not sure
why, but I think it helps me a lot.

					Jere M. Marrs
					Tektronix, Inc.
					Beaverton, Oregon