[net.cycle] Renting a Motorcycle in Europe

dss@cubsvax.UUCP (David Silver) (05/15/86)

I am planning to fly to Paris for a short vacation.  I would love to rent
a motorcycle and do a little travelling, but I don't have any idea how
feasible that is.  Can anyone advise me on this?  Where should I go?
How much will it cost?  What kind of license do I need?  Pros and cons?

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

				David Silver

...cmcl2!philabs!cubsvax!dss.UUCP	cubsvax!dss@columbia.ARPA

jaw7509@ritcv.UUCP (John White) (05/20/86)

In article <474@cubsvax.UUCP> dss@cubsvax.UUCP (David Silver) writes:
>I am planning to fly to Paris for a short vacation.  I would love to rent
>a motorcycle and do a little travelling, but I don't have any idea how
>feasible that is.  Can anyone advise me on this?  Where should I go?
>How much will it cost?  What kind of license do I need?  Pros and cons?

	This had occured to me also. Although I never actually did it,
(sort of like a wet dream involving Christy Brinkley), I did come across
a company that might be of some help. I can't remeber the name of the
company but it was advertised as a fly-ride travel agency. I found the
ad in the back of Cycleworld magazine. These folks would probably know
the most about the legalities, processes, etc.

	Keep the net posted on your findings, please,
			John