[net.cycle] FZ600 problems

ahn@houem.UUCP (Au H. Nguyen) (09/12/86)

-
Yamaha's seem to be hot and cold  :-)

My late great '83 Vision leaked oil from the hole where the starter plugs
into the crankcase.  There is a 2.5" O-ring around the end of the starter
that's supposed to seal oil.

Also, let's not forget the goons at the dealer who assemble bikes after
they are uncrated.  The one who did mine managed to bear down on the nylon
windscreen screws hard enough to crack the windscreen.  Sigh!

	Au	ihnp4!houem!ahn

mojo@mp-mojo.UUCP (Mojo Jones) (09/14/86)

> From: ahn@houem.UUCP (Au H. Nguyen)
> Also, let's not forget the goons at the dealer who assemble bikes after
> they are uncrated.  The one who did mine managed to bear down on the nylon
> windscreen screws hard enough to crack the windscreen.  Sigh!
>
> 	Au	ihnp4!houem!ahn

Yep.  May as well share horror stories.  The horns on my Maxim-X both
fell off, within three days of each other.  One of the screws holding the
horn onto the mounting bracket was apparently too tight, and weakened
the bracket.  They both broke at the same screw.  Yamaha replaced them
under warranty.

Mojo
... Morris Jones, MicroPro Int'l Corp., Product Development
Northern Calif. Motorcycle Safety Council, MSF Instructor
{lll-crg,ptsfa,dual,well,pyramid}!micropro!mp-mojo!mojo
Not the opinion of MicroPro!