[net.cycle] FZ600's suck.

robert@sri-spam.istc.sri.com (Robert Allen) (11/04/86)

Hello again folks.  Yes,  it's me, the idiot who bought a brand
new Yamaha FZ600 about 6 months ago.  Since the blessed event,
I've made at least 5 pilgramages to the sacred repair shop.

	1) Three visits to get an electrical problem
	   fixed.  They eventually replaced the starter
	   (after waiting over two weeks to get the part).

	2) Two visits to get an oil leak around the valve cover
	   fixed.

Now, lo and behold, it seems that another problem has popped up.
This morning I tried starting the bike, and it wouldn't.  Although
there was plenty (key word here is "was") of juice to the starter,
plenty of gas in the tanks (and assumedly the carbs), and the starter
was turning the engine over, the engine would not catch.  Not even
an inkling of ignition.

Well, tonight I'll probably check the fuel lines as best I can, but
I do have some questions for other FZ owners out there.  Have you had
any of these problems?  Have you solved any of these problems?  Have
you had any other problems?  Do all Yamahas' suck as bad as this FZ600?

				Starting to wish I'd bought a Harley,

				Robert Allen,
				robert@sri-spam.ARPA

ahn@houem.UUCP (Au H. Nguyen) (11/06/86)

-
> > Robert Allen:

> > .. there was plenty (key word here is "was") of juice to the starter,
> > plenty of gas in the tanks [sic] (and assumedly the carbs), and the
> > starter was turning the engine over, [but] the engine would not catch.

> From: car377@drutx.UUCP (RogersCA)	Article-I.D.: drutx.1851

> [ Similar reluctance to start ... ]
> I discovered that I had inadvertently actuated the emergency ignition kill
> switch on the right handlebar.

Recent Yamaha's, if my '83 Vision was any indication, have their kill switch
wired so that when they are activated the starter will not turn over.

	Au	ihnp4!houem!ahn