[net.cycle] Looking for a QUIET helmet

blevins@hpccc.HP.COM (David Blevins) (11/11/86)

I am shopping for a new helmet, and want to know, who makes a QUIET
helmet?  My Shoei Z100 is entirely too noisy, and I'm trying to avoid
having to wear earplugs... The ads for the Arai F-1 brag about that
helmet's lack of noise quite a bit; interestingly, it's about the only
ad that even mentions the noise aspect.   PS I want a full-face one,
either Snell or DOT.

Thanks,

Dave Blevins / hplabs!hpccc!blevins

dob@ihlpa.UUCP (Daniel M. O'Brien) (11/12/86)

> I am shopping for a new helmet...

Speaking (writing:-) of new helmets reminds me that BMW was expected this year
to release a new version of their flipup full face helmet WITH ventilation.
Did they?  Anyone see one?  How much$

Peace,
--
			Daniel M. O'Brien (ihnp4!ihlpa!dob)
			AT&T Bell Laboratories  Room IH 4A-257

mlt1l@oktext.UUCP (H. Dudley Winn II SWBT OKLAHOMA MLT FACILITIES ?? How do you spell MLT?) (11/12/86)

In article <2400001@hpccc.HP.COM> blevins@hpccc.HP.COM (David Blevins) writes:
>I am shopping for a new helmet, and want to know, who makes a QUIET
>helmet? ......
>Thanks,
>Dave Blevins / hplabs!hpccc!blevins

Have you considered the BELL M2 model $250.00+

mo@well.UUCP (Maurice Weitman) (11/13/86)

In article <2271@ihlpa.UUCP> dob@ihlpa.UUCP (Daniel M. O'Brien) writes:

>Speaking (writing:-) of new helmets reminds me that BMW was expected this year
>to release a new version of their flipup full face helmet WITH ventilation.
>Did they?  Anyone see one?  How much$

Daniel, we probably won't see them 'til January or February.  Price
will be around $300.

>Peace,
>--
Let's hope so.

--

Quote:  "The police aren't here to create disorder, they're here
          to preserve disorder." Mayor Richard J. Daly, Chicago, 1968

Disclaimer:  Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Maurice Weitman     9600   ..!{dual,hplabs,lll-crg,ptsfa,glacier}!well!mo
       |           57600   (415)549-0280 voice   (415)549-0388 modem-2400
   this^is not       300   mcimail mweitman
     a pipe          110   P. O. Box 10019       Berkeley, CA  94709

darryl@ism780c.UUCP (Darryl Richman) (11/14/86)

In article <2271@ihlpa.UUCP> dob@ihlpa.UUCP (Daniel M. O'Brien) writes:
>Speaking (writing:-) of new helmets reminds me that BMW was expected this year
>to release a new version of their flipup full face helmet WITH ventilation.
>Did they?  Anyone see one?  How much$

I saw them for sale in Deutschland two months ago.  The new ones look a bit
smaller, have vents in the chin, and fluting around the base.  They also
wanted over 500DM for one.  Perhaps they will be discounted here to something
more reasonable.  In any event, the shop where I viewed them was closed so I
couldn't try one on or test out the noise level or ventilation.

	    --Darryl Richman, INTERACTIVE Systems Corp.
	    ...!cca!ima!ism780!darryl
	    The views expressed above are my opinions only.