Path:burl!spanky!ihnp4!houxm!houxk!houxj!adb
Date:Tue, 3-May-83 01:09:38 EDT

I have the May issue of Modern Photography in front of me, open to the
review of Fujicolor HR color films.  I quote from the last two
paragraphs:

"In a hair-splitting side-by-side comparison test pairing the new ASA
100's and the new ASA 400s the Kodak films have a barely visible edge
in sharpness, and thir grain patterns appear to be slightly 'smoother.'
In the color reproduction departments, the Kodak prints exhibit slightly
superior color accuracy, but the Fuji prints score in terms of brilliance
and 'snap.'  In terms of that elusive and subjective entity known as
'overall picture quality' it's a pretty tough contest to call."

I don't believe that this can fairly be paraphrased as "the grain was the
same but the color was better and more alive."

		Alan Berenbaum
		BTL  houxj!adb