[net.rec.photo] KODAK FILM FOR GRAPHICS USE

mccamy@topcat.DEC (08/29/84)

From: "...decvax!decwrl!rhea!Topcat!McCamy"
Merrimack, New Hampshire

I'm interested in making my own slides for presentations.  I know that Kodak
makes a film specifically for graphics purposes, but I don't know what that
film is specifically.

This film allows one to make slides that may, for example, show a graph in
white on a blue background.  The blue background is an end result of
processing the film.

Does anyone have experience with this film?

jans@mako.UUCP (Jan Steinman) (08/31/84)

> I'm interested in making my own slides for presentations.  I know that Kodak
> makes a film specifically for graphics purposes, but I don't know what that
> film is specifically.

Some time ago I was playing with a Kodak E-6 film called Photomicrography
Film.  (Sorry, I forgot the four digit number.)  This film produces
extremely high contrast color transparencies, which makes the dyes used
in microscopy very vivid.  The highest contrast colors are red and blue.

In playing with it, I took some very interesting fall pictures with low
contrast (overcast) lighting, producing stark, contrasty images without
the usual shadows.  This film may do well for color presentation graphics,
especially red or blue.  It has very low sensitivity (ASA 12, I believe),
which shouldn't be a problem as long as you use a tripod.
--
:::::: Jan Steinman		Box 1000, MS 61-161	(w)503/685-2843 ::::::
:::::: tektronix!tekecs!jans	Wilsonville, OR 97070	(h)503/657-7703 ::::::