[net.rec.photo] Seattle Film Works

hartley@uvm-cs.UUCP (Stephen J. Hartley) (08/25/84)

I have used the slides-prints stuff from Seattle Film Works in comparison
with Kodachrome 25 and 64.  I think the latter two win hands down.  The
slides from SFW were grainer (100 ASA) and covered with scratches.  After that
experiment with two rolls, I have never used the SFW stuff again.
--
"If that's true, then I'm the Pope!"		Stephen J. Hartley
USENET:	decvax!dartvax!uvm-gen!uvm-cs!hartley	The University of Vermont

faiman@uiucdcsb.UUCP (09/04/84)

#R:uvm-cs:-29700:uiucdcsb:11500004:000:349
uiucdcsb!faiman    Sep  4 15:41:00 1984

I'd like to add my support to Stephen Hartley's comments on the poor
quality of Seattle Film Works.  I used about ten of their films on a
trip last summer and was bitterly disappointed with the results.  To
look at the negatives you would have said that the film was fogged.
I've since used that camera with good old Kodachrome with no ill effects.

berry@zinfandel.UUCP (Berry Kercheval) (09/08/84)

In article <11500004@uiucdcsb.UUCP> faiman@uiucdcsb.UUCP writes:
>I used about ten of their films on a
>trip last summer and was bitterly disappointed with the results.  To
>look at the negatives you would have said that the film was fogged.

Just goes to show what my photo teacher used to say: "Film is the
CHEAPEST thing you have to work with!"

In other words, don't skimp on the film.  Many times, you will NEVER
get that shot if you don't get it now.  So go ahead, use good film, bracket
your exposures and if you throw away half your slides before mounting
them, so what.

  --berry (click! click!) kercheval

--
Berry Kercheval		Zehntel Inc.	(ihnp4!zehntel!zinfandel!berry)
(415)932-6900