[net.rec.photo] DOUBLE EXPOSURES

mccamy@topcat.DEC (12/07/84)

From: "...decvax!decwrl!rhea!Topcat!McCamy"
Merrimack, New Hampshire

I have a Canon AE-1 Program camera and have tried the trick of pushing and
releasing the button (normally used when rewinding the film), and then
taking a double exposure.  I could not get consistent results.  The film
moved sometimes very little, sometimes a lot, and sometimes not at all giving
a good double exposure.  The Pentax may not do this.  It may not matter if
the film moves slightly, it depends on what you want to do.

If you have an old roll of film laying around, you can check to see how much
the film moves by the following experiment:

Load the film, then mark the film with a pencil in-line with a reference point
on your camera.  Close up the camera, push the little button, wind the film,
then open up the back and see if your pencil mark lines up with the reference
point.

bees@drutx.UUCP (DavisRB) (12/12/84)

--
As has been pointed out... if you backwind the rewinder until slightly
firm (not too tight) before pressing the little button, you might have

This method IS a kludge.  When you push the little button, the film is
free to move either direction, depending on where the tension is.
Backwinding can help.

Ray Davis
AT&T Information Systems Laboratories, Denver
{ihnp4, houxe, stcvax!ihnp4}!drutx!bees, (303)538-3991