[net.rec.photo] Slide Projector Dissolve Controllers

lowell@fluke.UUCP (Lowell Skoog) (02/28/85)

Does anyone out there have experience with dissolve controllers for slide
projectors?  I have used these before and am interested in buying one.  The
kind I am familiar with works with two Kodak Carousel projectors.  You place
your slides alternately in one tray and the other, and the dissolve unit
controls the sequence of slide advance and lamp fade.

Any information on available brands, features, price ranges, or distributors
would be appreciated.

				Lowell Skoog
				John Fluke Mfg. Co. Inc.
				Everett, WA
				206/356-5283

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong [DCS]) (03/01/85)

In article <914@vax1.fluke.UUCP> lowell@fluke.UUCP (Lowell Skoog) writes:
>Does anyone out there have experience with dissolve controllers for slide
>projectors?  I have used these before and am interested in buying one.  The
>kind I am familiar with works with two Kodak Carousel projectors.  You place
>your slides alternately in one tray and the other, and the dissolve unit
>controls the sequence of slide advance and lamp fade.
>
>Any information on available brands, features, price ranges, or distributors
>would be appreciated.
>
>				Lowell Skoog
>				John Fluke Mfg. Co. Inc.
>				Everett, WA
>				206/356-5283

rollie used to make a slide projector that had two lenses in the same
unit.  it was designed for AV work and contained it's own dissolve
controller and external synch connections.  i don't know if it is still
being made.

Herb Chong...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!water!watdcsu!herbie
CSNET: herbie%watdcsu@waterloo.csnet
ARPA:  herbie%watdcsu%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
NETNORTH, BITNET, EARN: herbie@watdcs, herbie@watdcsu

ron@brl-tgr.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (03/05/85)

> Does anyone out there have experience with dissolve controllers for slide
> projectors?  I have used these before and am interested in buying one.  The
> kind I am familiar with works with two Kodak Carousel projectors.  You place
> your slides alternately in one tray and the other, and the dissolve unit
> controls the sequence of slide advance and lamp fade.
>
> Any information on available brands, features, price ranges, or distributors
> would be appreciated.

I saw a really cheap and dirty do it your self version in Popular Mechanics
ages ago.  Go out to the hardware store and buy two push buttons and two
light dimmers.  Glue the knobs on the two dimmers together and hook them
up to the lamp terminals on the carousel.  Glue a tinkertoy to the knobs
and mount the pushbuttons so that they get hit by the tinkertoy when at
the end of the travel (one on each end).  Hook the buttons to the slide
advance.  Then just keep swinging the tinkertoy from one stop to the other
to advance the picture, disgusting right?