[net.rec.photo] Playboy Magazine

jordan@ucbvax.ARPA (Jordan Hayes) (07/03/85)

In (net.singles) article <11362@brl-tgr.ARPA> wmartin@brl-bmd.UUCP writes:

> I've subscribed for about 20 years. My current subscription expires in
> January. I am letting it lapse. Not only did I recently read that
> Playboy is soon (October?) to de-emphasize nude female portraiture,
> such as by eliminating the ceterfold, but I have become more and more
> dissatisfied with what the magazine is providing for my money.

I suppose that's too bad. There are some fine photographers working
for Playboy, doing some pretty honest art (although I've never seen
Lucien Clerge or Robert Farber or even Robert Mapplethorpe do anything
within those pages...) with the female nude. There's a good article in the
April 1985 American Photographer on Pompeo Posar, 25 year veteran of
shooting Playboy gateways ("centerfolds") -- check it out for an
inside view of playboy "shoots"

Jordan Hayes        jordan@ucb-vax.BERKELEY.EDU
UC Berkeley                       ucbvax!jordan
+1 (415) 835-8767    37' 52.29" N 122' 15.41" W