[net.rec.photo] Pentax Auto 110 manual?

nessus@nsc.UUCP (Dr. Brown) (08/12/85)

[I hope my camera never grows up; I like it small.]

     A couple of months ago, I bought a Pentax Auto 110 used.  For those who
don't know, this is a 110-format SLR(!) camera with automatic exposure timing
and changeable lenses.  I am overall satisfied with the camera, but I have no
manuals for it.

     Does anyone out there know where I could get a manual or a copy of it?
No flames about 110-format cameras, please; I think MOTAS's 35mm is rather big
and clunky.

					Dr. Brown
					Mr. Fusion, Inc.
					"The Home Power-Plant"
					!menlo70!nsc!nessus

ron@wjvax.UUCP (Ron Christian) (08/14/85)

In article <3114@nsc.UUCP> nessus@nsc.UUCP (Dr. Brown) writes:
>     A couple of months ago, I bought a Pentax Auto 110 used.  For those who
>don't know, this is a 110-format SLR(!) camera with automatic exposure timing
>and changeable lenses.  I am overall satisfied with the camera, but I have no
>manuals for it.
>
>     Does anyone out there know where I could get a manual or a copy of it?
>No flames about 110-format cameras, please; I think MOTAS's 35mm is rather big
>and clunky.
>					Dr. Brown

***

No flames here.  A great little camera.  I have the full outfit with winder
and glass zoom lense.  I took it to India on two occasions and it held up
under a lot of abuse.  The winding mechanism finally quit after over two
hundred rolls.  (Easily fixed.)

The smaller format negative will reduce your sharpness somewhat, but the
glass lense I found made a great deal of difference over the Acitates (?)
that come with the camera, and the pictures don't look any worse than a
cropped 35mm shot when blown up.  My only regret is that I paid list price
for everything.  The full outfit cost me about the same as my present Nikon
equipment.  (With motor, etc.)

Even as we speak, a picture I took with the auto 110 and had blown up
to 8 by 10 is on display at Brooks Cameras in San Mateo.  Had entered
it in the county fair.  Won no prizes, but it did get recognized.  The
grain is noticeable at 8 by 10, but it doesn't look any worse than fast
film in the 35mm format.  And this is with the old 110 film.  Haven't
tried the newer VR stuff in it yet.

				Ron
	Ron Christian  (Watkins-Johnson Co.  San Jose, Calif.)
	{pesnta,twg,ios,qubix,turtlevax,tymix,vecpyr,certes,isi}!wjvax!ron

Oliver's law of assumed responsibility:
	"If you are seen fixing it, you will be blamed for breaking it."