[net.music] Annette Peacock

mayfield@ucbvax.ARPA (Jim Mayfield) (07/12/85)

> From: marek@iuvax.UUCP (Marek W. Lugowski)

> 1) Who is Annette Peacock (X-DREAMS, Tomato)?  Has she recorded
> anything else?

> From Gary Koob:

> I don't know who Annette Peacock is, but she sings on
> the first Bruford album, "Feels Good to Me", and I've also
> seen a solo album of hers in the cutout bins.

Annette Peacock has put out three albums that I am aware of:

- X-Dreams (1978, Aura AUL-702, Tomato TOM-7025) includes a barely-
  recognizable cover of Elvis' "Don't Be Cruel" as well as the
  definitive male-masturbation song.

- The Perfect Release (1979, Aura AUL-707, Tomato TOM-7044) has a
  political theme, but does include a tremendous female-masturbation
  song.

- Sky-skating (1982, Ironic records) is more a poetry album than a
  music album;  the music consists primarily of solo piano of a
  rather sparse nature.

I've seen the first two in the cutout bins on occasion.  Try the import
bins for the Aura/Ironic versions.

						- Jim Mayfield