[net.rec.photo] Fuji vs Ektachrome vs Agfa slide film

paulsen@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP (Bill Paulsen) (12/16/85)

Which is better:  Fujichrome, Ektachrome, or Agfachrome slide film?
Assume ASA of 200 or 400.

howard@sfmag.UUCP (H.M.Moskovitz) (12/17/85)

> Which is better:  Fujichrome, Ektachrome, or Agfachrome slide film?
> Assume ASA of 200 or 400.

You have picked the photo magazines' favorite battle here.
From what I've read and seen lately the score is, for sharpness:

	1) Kodak
	2) Fuji
	3) Agfa

As for color, it doesn't seem to be who's best but what the films
favor in color balance. In that area, Kodak still tends to favor
blues, Fuji likes greens and yellows, Agfa tends toward warm reds
and yellows. For fleshtones, though, Kodak still seems to have a
small edge.

Overall, they are all great films, but the most rapid improvement
is comings from Japan, i.e., Fuji. They do have a very good 1600 asa
slide film that I like very much.

					Howard Moskovitz
					AT&T Info. Systems
					attunix!howard

mike@amdcad.UUCP (Mike Parker) (12/19/85)

In article <816@sfmag.UUCP> howard@sfmag.UUCP (H.M.Moskovitz) writes:
>> Which is better:  Fujichrome, Ektachrome, or Agfachrome slide film?
>> Assume ASA of 200 or 400.
>
>favor in color balance. In that area, Kodak still tends to favor
>blues, Fuji likes greens and yellows, Agfa tends toward warm reds

Please be more specific in such statements. "Ektachrome" ( which
I admit is what the original poster asked about ) favors blue.
"Kodak" on the other hand makes many films and, I, for one, would
be lost but for the warm reds of Kodachrome.

Mike