[net.rec.photo] Buying a new SLR camera

ron@TAURUS.BITNET (Ron Vinokur) (03/24/86)

Newsgroups: net.rec.photo
Subject: Buying a new SLR camera
Expires:

Hello photographers all over the world!

   I want to buy a new single-lens-reflex camera, and need some advice.
It should have automatic exposure with dual mode (both aperture- and shutter-
priority), a self-timer, but *NO* games like motor etc.
   First, I would appreciate any general advice about what and which I should
buy (my budget is about $500-650) considering the fact that I want a foolproof
camera, which will serve me for many years
   Second, I'd like to hear opinions about the following models (also how
much they cost locally) which I consider as candidates for buying:

	1) CANON A-1
	2) FUJICA AX-5
	3) MINOLTA XD-11
	4) MAMIYA ZE-2

Replies by e-mail will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance,

					Ron Vinokur
					Tel aviv University, CS Dept.
					Israel
BITNET:          ron@taurus
ARPA, CSNET:     ron%taurus.bitnet@wiscvm.ARPA
UUCP:            ...!decvax!humus!taurus!ron