[fa.info-cpm] SPECIAL ACL MEMBERSHIP OFFER

C70:info-cpm (06/29/82)

>From MOORE@Usc-Isif Mon Jun 28 20:35:07 1982
Date: 28 Jun 1982 0842-PDT
Sender: JKREYNOLDS at USC-ISIF
Subject: [Don Walker <WALKER at SRI-AI>: SPECIAL ACL MEMBERSHIP OFFER]
From: JKREYNOLDS at USC-ISIF
To: BBOARD at ISIB

Begin forwarded message
Date: 25 Jun 1982 1720-PDT
From: Don Walker <WALKER at SRI-AI>
To: ARPANET-BBOARDS at MIT-AI
Subject: SPECIAL ACL MEMBERSHIP OFFER
Remailed-date: 26 Jun 1982 0329-EDT
Remailed-from: Arpanet-BBoards-Request at MIT-ML

** SPECIAL OFFER -- ASSOCIATION FOR COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS MEMBERSHIP **
   			 ***** REDUCED DUES *****

The  Association for Computational Linguistics  needs to have  1500 members
by 11 August  to remain  an AFIPS constituent society;  although we doubled
our membership last year,  we are still  about 200 short.   Accordingly, we
have established  a 20th Anniversary  dues rate of $10  (our usual dues are
$15, still incredibly low).  We publish a first class journal, the American
Journal of Computational Linguistics, and have substantive proceedings that
contain papers from our annual meetings.   This offer gives you a chance to
find out what the ACL has to offer.  Computational linguistics is concerned
with the use of computers in research, applications, and scholarly investi-
gations of natural languages, spoken as well as written. Send your name and
address  with a check for $10,  payable to ACL,  to Don Walker,  Artificial
Intelligence Center, SRI International--EJ278, Menlo Park, CA 94025.

-------

End forwarded message

-------