[fa.info-cpm] OTERM version 3.03

C70:info-cpm (06/30/82)

>From W8SDZ@Mit-Mc Wed Jun 30 03:15:55 1982
I have just uploaded OTERM, version 3.03 to AR41:CPM;OTERM 303COM.
This fixes a bug, as detailed below.  OTERM is a terminal program
for the Osborne.

The following is forwarded from TCBBS in Dearborn, MI.

Date: 06/29/82
From: Mike Rubenstein
To:   All
Re:   OTERM version 3.03

I've just uploaded a new version of OTERM under the name
OTERM303.OBJ.  This version should fix the bug reported
by Tom McCormick.

Date: 06/29/82
From: Mike Rubenstein
To:   Tom McCormick
Re:   OTERM bug

I've just uploaded a new version of OTERM which I think
will fix the bug you were refering to.  I do have one
problem with your comments tho.  The problem with the crc's
was caused by OTERM writing an extra record when receiving.
Of course, this should not affect the operation of COM
files.  If this does not solve the problem, I'd
appreciate more info on the exact symptoms.  I'll check
in here every few weeks, or you can reach me at CompuServe
[70205,1144] or by leaving a message on the Laurel MD RCPM.
Hope this solves the problem .

----end of forwarded messages----

The original bug report is reproduced below for reference:

----------
OTERM.BUG  06/24/82   Tom McCormick.

OTERM.COM is very well documented, and an
outstanding effort by Michael Rubenstein.

I cannot get it to transfer correctly with
MODEM7 or XMODEM 3.9 at the other end. It
tansfers the files and says all is well,
but the CRCK's do not agree.  The .COM
files go nuts.

I have run about twenty trials, but no
luck. I have CRCK ver 4.2 at both ends.

Can someone ( M Rubenstein, perhaps)
furnish the correct CRCK for OTERM.COM?
Perhaps I have a corrupted copy.

In the mean time.... all you OS-1 users
better stick with OSMODEM7 until this is
cleared up.

 ...and trust everyone, but cut the cards!