[fa.info-cpm] Atari/Cpm

C70:info-cpm (07/13/82)

>From PATTERMANN@Lll-Mfe Mon Jul 12 23:21:39 1982
 Hi Folks,
  Has anyone ever considered or experimented with using a Atari 400/800
  from a CPM based system? With the price of a Atari 400 dropping below
  $300, it seems that the 400 would make a nice peripheral on a CPM
  system. Could the ATARI OS (or DOS) be modified so that it accepts input
  from a RS232 port, instead of from the keyboard? Could I read in ATARI
  disks from CPM? Could I download programs into the ATARI, and then run
  them? I would think that a 6502 cross assembler would be available under
  CPM. If anyone has tried this, or has comments/suggestions, I would
  appreciate your response.

  Tnx, Ed

C70:info-cpm (07/13/82)

>From w8sdz@BRL Tue Jul 13 13:12:48 1982

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date:     13 Jul 82 6:01:52-EDT (Tue)
From:     Keith Petersen <w8sdz@BRL>
To:       PATTERMANN at Lll-Mfe
cc:       Info-Atari at Mit-Ai
Subject:  Re:  Atari/Cpm
Via:  Mit-Ai; 13 Jul 82 6:14-EDT

If you would like to be able to transfer files from a CP/M system
to your Atari using a modem or RS-232 serial port, get AMODEM21.BAS
from MIT-MC.  It's stored in AR45:CPM;AMODEM 21BAS.  Several companies
make 6502 cross-assemblers which run under CP/M.  You could use a
CP/M system to develop programs for the Atari and then download
them using XMODEM on the CP/M machine and AMODEM21 on the Atari.

----- End of forwarded messages

C70:info-cpm (07/13/82)

----- Forwarded message # 1: