[fa.info-cpm] Forwarding from Info-Micro

C70:info-cpm (07/30/82)

>From CLEMENTS@Bbna Thu Jul 29 23:16:30 1982

I am on both Info-micro and Info-CPM, and I am getting tired of reading
almost everything from Info-micro twice due to Keith's forwarding
it to Info-CPM.  Keith, I'm sure you feel that you're doing a
service, and if enough others agree, I'll shut up. But since the forwarding
doesn't filter out duplicated addressees, I find it to be a pain.

The message about the Interbrain Superterminals was indeed interesting,
but it wasn't CPM-specific, so why forward it to Info-CPM unless
the two lists really are serving the same purpose. If that's true,
maybe the two lists should just be merged if they can't be
properly managed.
Anyone else have an opinion?
/Rcc
-------

C70:info-cpm (07/30/82)

>From FHsu@Bbng Fri Jul 30 15:52:12 1982
another vote here. i agree.
-------

C70:info-cpm (07/30/82)

Date: 30 Jul 1982 0924-PDT
From: STERNLIGHT <STERNLIGHT at USC-ECL>
Subject: Re: Forwarding from Info-Micro
To: CLEMENTS at BBNA
cc: STERNLIGHT

I agree.  Perhaps the lists shoulsd be combined, since there is not
too much lately that is truly cpm-specific on info-cpm.  Otherwise,
even if Keith doesn't forward, many originators will since some messages
apply to both.
--david--
-------
-------

C70:info-cpm (07/31/82)

>From goldfarb.ucf-cs@Udel-Relay Fri Jul 30 20:58:49 1982
I agree with you, Bob.  I had been thinking that maybe I was the
only one who was getting the stuff twice or surely someone else would
have said something.
I don't think the lists should be merged because their interests are
in many respects divergent.  But I also believe that the intersection
of the two sets of subscribers is large.  I have to think that most
persons who represent that intersection would not want to receive all
the duplicated articles.
						Ben Goldfarb
						goldfarb.ucf-cs@Udel-Relay

C70:info-cpm (07/31/82)

>From CSTROM@Mit-Mc Fri Jul 30 21:10:11 1982
Bob, I see your point, but I would rather have Keith err on the side
of caution in forwarding messages of interest. I would prefer to see
an interesting message twice than risking not receiving it at all. The
Superbrain saga was most interesting to me. If, however, everyone on
INFO-CPM is also on INFO-MICRO, that would be a different story.
Regards.

C70:info-cpm (07/31/82)

>From root@Nprdc Sat Jul 31 09:19:04 1982

Why does everybody feel the need to bitch.  You people are doing the same
thing that your bitching about, cluttering up the list.  Patience is a
virtue.

Robert Rother
c/o Vicki Hutchison
sdvcsvax!vicki@NPRDC

C70:info-cpm (08/02/82)

>From GUMBY@Mit-Ai Mon Aug  2 13:42:27 1982
Well, come on! Info-micro has a slightly different audience, so it is
not unreasonable to assume that messages sent to it will not be read
by all the users on info-cpm. Also, info-micro was inactive for a long
while, so many newcomers to the net may not be aware of its existence.
Anyway, any reasonable mail-reading program can be told to just
display headers, so you can delete duplicated messages without
experiencing the anguish of re-reading the full text. I think Keith is
doing a service; if he doesn't mind, it certainly helps me.