[fa.info-cpm] ACG-NJ Info et al

info-cpm (12/17/82)

>From rconn@BRL  Wed Dec 15 00:58:01 1982
To: allegra!phr@Ucb-C70
Cc: rconn@BRL, info-micro@BRL, info-cpm@BRL
Via:  Brl; 16 Dec 82 11:15-EST
Via:  Brl-Bmd; 16 Dec 82 11:28-EST

        SIG/M is an interest group of the Amateur Computer  Group
of NJ, which meets at either Union County College or Rutgers here
in NJ each month.  They have several user's groups involved  with
the  IBM-PC,  VIC-20, North Star, and other computers, as well as
interest groups in Pascal and CP/M (SIG/M).

        The ACG-NJ is probably the largest computer club  in  the
US  now.   It  numbers well over 1000 members, supports the SIG/M
distribution system, and runs two remote bulletin board systems.

        To contact the RBBS's of ACG-NJ, the  phone  numbers  are
201-272-1874 in Cranford and 201-932-3879 in Piscataway.

        To contact the ACG-NJ itself for membership  applications
and other information, the address is:

                Amateur Computer Group of New Jersey
                PO Box 319
                South Bound Brook, NJ  08880

        To contact SIG/M for obtaining disks and  info,  the  ad-
dress is:

                SIG/M
                Box 97
                Iselin, NJ  08830

        Other messages follow:
Date:     23 Nov 82 7:39:31-EST (Tue)
From:     Rick Conn <rconn@BRL>
To:       info-cpm at BRL, info-micro at BRL
Subject:  [Sol Libes:  SYSLIB, Copying Files, the ACG-NJ, and SIG/M]

Sol has some good info to add to my message re SIG/M and the ACG-NJ.
Thought you would like to see it.

        Rick

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date: 22 November 1982 22:47-EST
From: Sol Libes <SLIBES at MIT-MC>
Subject:  SYSLIB, Copying Files, the ACG-NJ, and SIG/M
To: rconn at BRL
cc: SLIBES at MIT-MC, Bomberger at OFFICE-2

Dear Rick:
        Thanks for the plug for SIG/M and ACG-NJ.  I wish to just
correct you on one thing.  One does not have to be a member of ACG-NJ
to order or copy SIG/M disks.  This service is offered to both members
and non-members at no extra charge.  Also, SIG/M has now released
85 volumes.  A copy of our printed catalog is $1 or $1.50 via mail.
It can be ordered from: SIG/M, Box 97, Iselin NJ 08830.

----- End of forwarded messages

Date:     15 Dec 82 16:17:58-EST (Wed)
From:     Rick Conn <rconn@BRL>
To:       blue at Nbs-Sdc
cc:       info-cpm at BRL, info-micro at BRL
Subject:  Re:  SIG/M
Via:  Brl; 15 Dec 82 15:26-EST
Via:  Brl-Bmd; 15 Dec 82 21:39-EST
Via:  Mit-Mc; 16 Dec 82 3:18-EST

        Yes, SIG/M is quite different from CPM/UG. It is a  whole
different  set  (close to 100 by now) of disks, all public domain
software.  They have a catalog to facilitate scanning and  selec-
tion  of  software,  and a number of their better programs are on
MIT-MC now.

        Lifeboat's (or whoever's) CPM/UG occasionally lifts SIG/M
software  for  inclusion in their own disks.  Among other things,
SIG/M contains ZCPR1, 1.4, and 1.6, as well as SYSLIB and,  soon,
the new ZCPR2.

        SIG/M can be contacted at:

                SIG/M
                Box 97