[fa.info-cpm] getting rid of unwanted msgs?

info-cpm (12/23/82)

>From LIN@Mit-Mc  Thu Dec 23 00:44:59 1982
To: info-cpm@BRL
Via:  Mit-Mc; 23 Dec 82 2:08-EST
Via:  Brl; 23 Dec 82 2:24-EST
Via:  Brl-Bmd; 23 Dec 82 2:45-EST

there was a discussion of how to get rid of useless header lines.  The answer was, Use BABYL.  I did, and it's great.  now, a
harder question:  how can I get BABYL to

	(a) get rid of msgs from COMSAT, and
	(b) just display the wanted header lines, and then pause to
		either delete or continue.

many thanks.

info-cpm (12/23/82)

>From GZ@Mit-Mc  Thu Dec 23 03:36:11 1982
To: LIN@Mit-Mc
Cc: info-cpm@BRL
Via:  Mit-Mc; 23 Dec 82 4:21-EST
Via:  Brl; 23 Dec 82 4:47-EST
Via:  Brl-Bmd; 23 Dec 82 4:55-EST

You can control COMSAT messages by specifying the "R:" or "REGISTERED:" field
when sending mail from Babyl.  This is followed by one letter: A means COMSAT
will send receipts when mail is sent, queued or failed, F means send receipts
for failed mail only, N means return no receipts at all. By default, COMSAT
sends receipts for queued or failed mail (sort of in between A and F).

Note that this only applies to COMSAT (ITS mailer) receipts. You might still
get rejection or queued notices from other mailers.  Also it only works for
mail sent from ITS, since COMSAT will not parse foreign headers for this field.

info-cpm (12/23/82)

Sender: BILLW@Sri-Kl
Apparently-To: post-info-cpm

F982
Date: 23 Dec 1982 1046-PST
Sender: BILLW at Sri-Kl
Subject: Re:  getting rid of unwanted msgs?
From: BILLW at Sri-Kl
To: LIN at Mit-Mc
Cc: info-cpm at BRL
Via:  Sri-Kl; 23 Dec 82 13:55-EST
Via:  Brl; 23 Dec 82 14:33-EST
Via:  Brl-Bmd; 23 Dec 82 15:04-EST

for tenex/tops20 sites, HERMES from BBN also alows you to get rid
of unwanted header lines, and you can say things like:

Sender: BILLW@Sri-Kl
To: LIN@Mit-Mc
Cc: info-cpm@BRL
Via:  Sri-Kl; 23 Dec 82 13:55-EST
Via:  Brl; 23 Dec 82 14:33-EST
Via:  Brl-Bmd; 23 Dec 82 15:04-EST

for tenex/tops20 sites, HERMES from BBN also alows you to get rid
of unwanted header lines, and you can say things like:

>delete .:lastmessage/from mailer

A generally wonderful piece of software, as long as youre not paying
for your computer time...  (HERMES is available frlom BBN, somehow)

BillW