[fa.info-cpm] downloading, gates, FTP, etc.?

info-cpm (12/28/82)

>From W8SDZ@Mit-Mc  Tue Dec 28 11:37:27 1982
To: vax135!houxm!mel@Ucb-C70
Cc: Info-Cpm@BRL
Via:  Mit-Mc; 28 Dec 82 3:31-EST
Via:  Brl; 28 Dec 82 4:07-EST
Via:  Brl-Bmd; 28 Dec 82 4:19-EST

Thanks for your message, Mel.  Unfortunately the gateway between
Usenet and Arpa is not officially sanctioned and only mail seems to be
able to be transferred, no files.  When I announce some program has
been uploaded to MIT-MC, I realize that Usenet readers won't be able
to get them, but I would be willing to netmail some of the smaller
files if you want them.  All the files on MIT-MC are available on my
Remote CP/M system (313) 759-6569 (callback), which is available
24-hours a day.  Of course you have to pay for the phone call, but if
that's the only way to get the "goodies" then that will have to be
accepted (unless you want to wait 2-6 months for them to make their
way into CP-MIG or CPMUG).
   I am investigating a possible way to send these files to
net.sources, but havn't learned how to do that yet.  I have an account
on a machine that is connected to BOTH Arpa and Usenet.