[net.bugs.2bsd] ts tape for BSD2.9

aura@uwmacc.UUCP (aura berquist) (07/31/86)

Does anyone actually use a TS-11 type tape drive with
unix BSD2.9?  The UCB version of ts.c had some obvious
errors in it (and also subtle ones).  The seismo version
was improved, but still does not work -- well, not
very well.  I am using an Emulex TC02 controller and
a Cipher drive on a PDP-11/73 and also on a 23+.

P.S. This drive works fine with the standalone programs
and even with (ugh) RT-11.

--
	Tom Jones ...!uwmacc!sal70!jones

hugh@tcdmath.UUCP (Hugh Grant) (08/07/86)

In article <105@uwmacc.UUCP> aura@uwmacc.UUCP writes:
>Does anyone actually use a TS-11 type tape drive with
>unix BSD2.9?  The UCB version of ts.c had some obvious
>errors in it (and also subtle ones).

We have ordered a TS-11 type drive and a TC02 controller. This is the first
I've heard of these problems (though I'm not suprised -- one would think that
Berkeley could have at least tested their software properly first, though it's
obvious tht some of the 2.9 sources were never fully checked). I would be
very grateful if anyone could tell me about the errors in the ts.c driver.
I don't have time to go through it from scratch (due to academic pressures),
so could someone e-mail me about these errors (and/or fixes)?

Thanks.
--
Hugh Grant
		...!{seismo,ihnp4,decvax}!mcvax!ukc!tcdmath!hugh