[net.math] list of points clarification

esg@hou4b.UUCP (E.S.Gokhman) (12/26/84)

I understand the *list of points* problem as following:

  Is there an algorithm Xn = F(n), where n is any natural number
  and 0 <= Xn < 1, that {X1, ..., Xn} are *evenly distributed
  for any n ?

I suspect that this algorithm can not exist in general and it
could exist for any given n < N, where N is any natural number.
Note the difference, please.

				Thanx,
					Ed

Subject: Re: list of points clarification