	From: smk@axiom.UUCP
	Newsgroups: net.news.b
	Subject: portability bug in news
	Date: Mon, 20-Feb-84 10:47:57 PST

	There is a portability bug in the news source for anyone with the
	sigtrap() system call.  We have it and sigtrap() is overridden with
	the integer sigtrap.  I temporarily
	#define	sigtrap	trap_signal
	in params.h to take care of all occurances, but hopefully 2.11 will
	hardcode the change in.
	--
		--steve kramer

This is also a problem in ALL of the UniSoft 68000 ports of UNIX.
`sigtrap' is a reserved variable used in libc by their stuff.

	Erik E. Fair

	dual!fair@BERKELEY.ARPA
	{ihnp4,ucbvax,cbosgd,decwrl,amd70,fortune,zehntel}!dual!fair
	Dual Systems Corporation, Berkeley, California