[net.news.b] 2.10 news bug--no fix--article distribution

ado@elsie.UUCP (02/29/84)

Our computer received the article whose header and beginning are shown
(indented) below:
	From: djb@cbosgd.UUCP
	Newsgroups: net.astro
	Subject: Halley's Comet
	Date: Sat, 25-Feb-84 23:35:14 EST

	I just recently received my copy of the "International Halley Watch
	Amateur Observers' Manual for Scientific Comet Studies" (by Stephen J.
	Edberg) and am quite pleased.  It is a treasure trove of information on
	.
	.
	.

Even though the line in our "/usr/lib/news/sys" file for our neighbor computer
"imsvax" reads (in part):
	imsvax:net,fa,mod,na,usa,dc,um,cs,to.imsvax,!net.astro,!net.aviation...
the above article was sent to imsvax.

My best guess is that the "Distribution: net" line in the article forwarded the
mechanism for checking if the article's in a news group that imsvax is tired of.
It seems like a small bug since the "Distribution:" line is rarely used.

So, news gurus:  is my guess correct?  Is it truly a small bug?
Is it fixed in 2.11?
--
UUCP:	decvax!harpo!seismo!rlgvax!cvl!elsie!ado
DDD:	(301) 496-5688