[net.news.b] Help! .newsrc being trashed

josh@joshua.UUCP (Joshua Gordon) (06/14/84)

Subject: Help! .newsrc being trashed!
Newsgroups: net.news.b

Could someone please help me? I am running news version 2.10+some, and
readnews is pretty regularly trashing my .newsrc file. It seems to
put in the proper stuff at the end of the file, but it is preceded by
an absolutely huge number of lines reading
(null)
plus a bunch of crap that looks like semi-flushed buffers.
I am running XENIX v2.something on an altos586. It is a pretty vanilla
version 7 system. Also, incidentally, readnews likes to go bye-bye
with a
Out of space
message. Please! Advise!

--

	from the blithering idioms of josh gordon
	{ihnp4,ucbvax,cbosgd,decwrl,amd70,fortune,zehntel}!dual!joshua!josh