[net.news.b] loooong paths causing problems

mp@mit-eddie.UUCP (Mark Plotnick) (10/02/84)

Well, everyone's complaining about articles that are missing lines
from the beginning or the end, so I figured I'd point out that we're
also receiving articles that are missing columns from the right-hand side.

Some machine in the following path is using a too-small buffer
(probably PATHLEN and/or BUFLEN are only 100 or 128).

>From: stewart@ihldt.UUCP (R. J. Stewart)
>Newsgroups: net.consumers

<1244@ihuxq.UUCP> and a few other messages also have this problem.

Another good question is why a message has to travel 4 times across the
country to get here.  I'll leave that one to North.
	Mark