[net.news.b] 2.10.1 digester bug

dwight@timeb.UUCP (Dwight Ernest) (10/12/84)

Subject: readnews 2.10.1 'H' bus errors in digests
Newsgroups: net.news.bugs

[]
	While reading fa.human-nets today, I received a bus error - core dumped
while reading the digest when I attempt to enter an 'H' at the digest prompt.
I realize that 'H' might be inappropriate--in retrospect--but <he said
innocently> it shouldn't have dumped core and bus errored. Here's how
a screen dump from my PC looks like for the event...
	Date: 10 October 1984 03:24-EDT
	From: Jerry E. Pournelle <POURNE @ MIL-MC>
	Subject: TMPLee @ MIT-MULTICS
	Digest article 4 or 12 (6 lines) More? [ynq] H
	readnews: 490 bus error - core dumped
	$
Have I uncovered a previously unknown bug? Is this fixed in 2.10.2?
We're running 2.10.1.
--
		--Dwight Ernest	KA2CNN	\ Usenet:...vax135!timeinc!dwight
		Time Inc. Editorial Technology Group, New York City

"The opinions expressed above are those of the writer and do not necessarily
 reflect the opinions of Time Incorporated, its management, or stockholders."
            [Unix is a trademark of AT&T Information Systems]