[net.news.b] logging aliasing to errlog

phil@amd.UUCP (Phil Ngai) (11/16/84)

I note that 2.10.2 logs aliasing of newsgroups (net.trivia to
net.games.trivia, for example) in errlog. I would like to see
this particular action logged in log, not errlog. I would like
errlog to only indicate incidents that require human intervention,
like the filesystem overflowing. Then I can make cron check for
the presence of errlog on the machines I run but don't normally use.

--
 This may not even represent my opinion, much less AMD's.

 Phil Ngai (408) 982-6554
 UUCP: {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra,intelca}!amd!phil
 ARPA: amd!phil@decwrl.ARPA

davest@daemon.UUCP (Dave Stewart) (11/20/84)

In article <590@amd.UUCP> phil@amd.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:
>I note that 2.10.2 logs aliasing of newsgroups (net.trivia to
>net.games.trivia, for example) in errlog. I would like to see
>this particular action logged in log, not errlog. I would like
>errlog to only indicate incidents that require human intervention,
>like the filesystem overflowing. Then I can make cron check for
>the presence of errlog on the machines I run but don't normally use.

	Sorry, Phil.  It looks like anything wriitten to errlog is
also written to log.  At least, that's the way the code looks, and
I have seen many examples as well in reality.  Admittedly, I have yet
to witness an aliasing happen ...
--
David C. Stewart                          uucp:    tektronix!davest
Small Systems Support Group                        tektronix!usenet