[net.news.b] Subject lines and rot13

msb@lsuc.UUCP (Mark Brader) (03/23/85)

ronbe@tekred.UUCP (Ron Bemis) writes in net.jokes.d:
> Subject lines like this (I guess just a software problem):
>
> > Subject: Re: Sick Very SickSubject: Sick Very Sick
>
> And the fact that this was rotated, but not titled as such
> are really starting to piss me off.

The fix for this is very simple and was posted by watmath!jmsellens
earlier this year.  Here it is again.  If your site has people posting
jokes using postnews, please get this installed.

In postnews.c, after the line:
		if (askyes("Could this be offensive to anyone? ","")) {

Append:
			char jbuf[BUFLEN];

Then change the next two instances of buf to jbuf.
Then, the quoted subject line will become like THIS:

> Subject: Re: Sick Very Sick - offensive to wombats (ROT13)

Where the part from " - " on is generated by postnews itself.

I also agree with lsuc!dave's suggestion that postnews should not
be a public command, and everyone should use Pnews, but postnews
does have the advantage of doing its own rot13ing.  Anyway, if you
have 2.10.2 postnews, please fix this.

Mark Brader