[net.aviation] none

LND%MIT-MC@sri-unix.UUCP (07/10/83)

From:  Leonid A. Levin <LND @ MIT-MC>

Please! Please! Get me out of the aviation mailing list ! Many thanks - Levin.

LFG.LL@MIT-SPEECH@sri-unix.UUCP (07/13/83)

Somebody please get me off this mailing list.  My address is
lsl@mit-ml or lfg.ll@mit-speech.

--Lori Levin

LND%MIT-MC@sri-unix.UUCP (07/14/83)

From:  LND@MIT-MC (Sent by LND)

LND@MIT-MC (Sent by LND) 07/13/83 14:09:48
To: aviation at MIT-MC
Please, please take any non-existent LEVIN out of AVIATION mailing list!
					Thanks,	- Levin.
[...]

BETH@MIT-OZ@sri-unix.UUCP (07/14/83)

Please take me (Beth@mit-oz) off the
aviation mailing list.  I'm yet another
levin who is getting mail I don't
want.

Beth Levin.

avsdT:roberts@avsdS.UUCP (07/19/83)

Is it possible that all these people dislike aviation that much...

also is it possible that they don't know how to remove a line from
their .newsrc file...

and is it possible that I am actually getting involved in this madness...

am I really going to hit the return key, and sponsor a flame on this
docile newsgroup...

I can't control her... she's breaking up... we'er going down...

this it... brace yourselves....

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!

HWC@S1-A.ARPA (08/06/84)

From:  Hon Wah Chin <HWC@S1-A.ARPA>

Does anyone n the San Francisco Area have comments
about FBO's or flying clubs at Palo Alto or San Carlos?  I'm now in
Menlo Park and am lookng for a place to rent from.

BRUC%MIT-MC@sri-unix.UUCP (09/09/84)

From:  Robert E. Bruccoleri <BRUC @ MIT-MC>

Subject:B-70 Fold down wing tips and other gimmicks of aeronautical engineering

Contrary to popular opinion, the fold down wing tips of the XB-70 were designed
to generate lift from the shock wave coming off the engine assembly under the
wing. The six engines were enclosed in a housing which was extended far enough
forward to accomplish this. NASA was involved with this project as well.

Pusher propellers are more efficient than tractor propellors because
they do not spoil the airflow over the wings.

Bob Bruccoleri